Traveling Treasures. . .

Better late than never, right?

Yesterday was one busy day so I did not make it to the computer to do my post.

Actually, still needed to take pics of some of the items.

I’ve been chomping at the bits to show you my ‘traveling treasures’.

Let’s start with the YARD SALE  and Thrift store finds:

025

I bought this darling headboard for $10.  Original thought was to put it up on my rock wall and let something grow up it.  Then I thought that maybe I should give it to my 23 month old grand daughter, Saydee.  She will be moving into a bed soon.  Would look awfully cute in her pink and green room!

026

Red stemware-5 cents

Lantern $2.  It was filthy, but I told my hubby that I was sure it was turquoise somewhere under that grime.  Cleaned up pretty good.  Wish I would’ve taken a before pic.

Red vase and both doilies were $2.59 each.  The vase is just painted red, but still it’s hob nob and kind of cute.

060

Cute, cute, cute cherry plates.  I am not a lover of melamine, but for $1 for all four of them; who cares?

061

Look at me shine now!

062

I love Tartan plaid, so I was so excited to find this tall thermos to add to my collection.  $3.99 thrift store find.

019

Watermelon bowl $5

020

Wooden shutters 50 cents each.

080

This vintage runner was 59 cents.  Hubby said it’s stained.  Didn’t mind the stains, but they washed out.

027

028

Looks right at home on my green table.

029

Antique Buys:  Not any wonderful bargains, just gotta haves.

054

054

055

Did you notice the apron made from vintage fabrics?  Don’t I look ready to whip up something sweet?

074

Do have to tell you what a neat guy I have.  Found this birdcage after I had already taken everything up to the counter.  Knowing that I had spend quite a bit I told the lady that I was going to put a few things back and take this instead.  hubby said, “don’t worry about it, get it all”.  The lady just about passed out.  She said, now you don’t hear that very often.

056

Don’t know what I am going to do with this hook.  Just bought it because it was $3 and turquoise.

057

I really did need that washtub.  I have a twin tub I plant every year.  This Spring when I went to plant it the bottom totally fell out of one tub.

I know that it has been wondering all summer, “Where is my twin?'”

072

Last, but certainly not least; my goods I bought at stores.

065

Love this giant pom-pom throw.  Made me love it even more when I found it was 40% off.

I had to buy something from the ‘Mary Jane Farm’ store.  The pillow shams were 75% off so I got them for $10ea.  I figured with as much red as I have that I could throw them on my bed from time to time.

The pin cushion was no bargain, but as usual I loved it because it was red, turquoise, and BIG!

070

Last of all, while driving to a thrift store we passed a garden shop.

It was so cute that I asked my hubby to stop.  It was attached to a décor shop owned by someone else.  The garden shop lady told me to go ahead and wander in there and take a look around.

Look what I found.  We even had to go back for it after that store opened.

075

077

If fits right in with my blues on my mantle.

075

Boy, if we weren’t a noisy couple of travelers. As we drove along, the bell on the birdhouse would ring and the handles on the washtub would clang.

We’d just look at each other and laugh.  The Clampett’s have nothing on us.

Really, after a while we pulled over and tied shirts around the handles.  You can only take so much laughter.

All in all it was one FAB road trip and I have all of these wonderful treasures to remind me.

I am going to link this post up with:

Sue Loves Cherries for Rednesday

Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday

Southern Hospitality for Thrifty Treasures

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays

21 comments

mimi_62 said...

Jann:

Love the Clampettes. Glad you had a great time. That's what it's all about, right? It's fun when you both enjoy antique and junk hunting.

Love your finds!! Thanks for sharing.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

But, but, but...it's Melamine with cherries!!!


WELCOME, RED FRIENDS!

Come in, my dear friends, and be seated, please—
Oh, all of you reds are such a big tease!
Scarlet, you creep over cheeks in a blush;
Crimson, you’re always in such a big rush!
Cherry, you’re tasty and pleasant to see;
Carmine, you utterly satisfy me!
So come in, my friends, and be seated, please—
Of all the colors, I’d rather have these!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Little Red Shopping Bag

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I love coming back from a great weekend looking like the Clampetts! You did find some great items....and how sweet your hubby was!!

Mecky said...

Oh my, what wonderful buys! I absolutely love the headboard! 10 dollars? That was a steal!!

That is a cute apron!

I pulled two of those old washtubs out of my DFIL's barn 10 years ago and I haven't done a thing with them yet. I could of shared!

Enjoy your new goodies!

Mecky

Kris said...

Wowie! You really hit the jackpot!!! GREAT finds!

Old Time Cindy said...

What a heck of a grand time. Doesn't it just make your heart sing to have a wonderful time at treasure finding!?!

Angela said...

oh girl, that apron!!! Pitter patter goes my heart...That head board..oh my..I am on the hunt for one for Shaneah's (my almost 15 yr. old room).....YOu defintiely got awesome items. Everyone of them I would love to have in my home. Yepper,,you and I are two peas in a pod..side by side girl..lol

Me, still said...

I absolutely love your watermelon bowl!!! But everything you got is a treasure on it's own. Finding them all in one trip...WOW!!! What a great trip!!!

Linda said...

Wow what treasures you found. Love them all. Especially the cherry apron. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are a nonreply blogger?

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Jann,

Amazing finds on your trip! Love the pin cushion, the apron, the cherry plates and the red glassware. Oh, actually it all works! We seem to have very similar excellent taste!! The iron headboard is so sweet for your granddaughter.
All the Best,
Christine

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

So many fun finds...sounds like my kind of trip :) My hubby and I do that once a year in the fall...we always laugh about our "haul" too. Thanks for stopping by :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Wonderful finds, delightful post!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Fantastic treasures! Love the washtub and the bird cage!! Thanks for sharing!!

Peg said...

SWEET, you have managed once again to bring home such wonderful treasures. I love the headboard, the runner,the apron, which by the way is so adorable on you I can't stand it, and my most favorite is that gorgeous birdhouse,it is awesome! I watched the girls on the pickin' show the other night and I am thinking they need to add you to their staff. You just have an eye for all that kind of stuff. Love the hook too!

Nicole said...

Wow what a great bunch of stuff! All awesome scores. I love love the plaid theromoses- they are so groovy, I see why you collect them. and Im coveting the lace runner because I just realized this week that I am in need of one myself for my table. Thanks for sharing all the goodies, and you look just darlin' in your vintage apron, girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

I love everything
Jeanne

Pam Kessler said...

Great buys. I love the washtub. I have been wanting to find one to plant in this year, but haven't found any reasonable ones yet. And the plaid picnic ware is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day of shopping. You found some fabulous finds, too. Love your darling apron and you look adorable modeling it!
Love the design on your Melamine plates. I wasn't crazy about them, either, but I've come around and do mix them in occasionally. They are great for deck dining!

Anonymous said...

You always find the neatest stuff. You are also lucky you have a hubby with a big pocket book that will buy you all your treasures. They are all to die for! Love them!
LadyDi

black eyed susans kitchen said...

What a fantastic haul!! Of course I love those black eyed Susans and those pennants are beautiful!

very merry vintage style said...

Love the headboard and the thermos! You got some great things. Thanks for linking to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Instagram