Halloween Art Board. . .

Tonight I had so much fun reminiscing about Halloweens past.

You may remember the art board that I made a few months ago.  The other day I decided to tweak it a little for Halloween.

I made a garland out of vintage keys that belong to my youngest daughter, Kylee.  Before they left for Spain she said, “Mom, you can use my old keys to decorate with if you want.”

IMG_8334

I tied them on a strand of jute, added a few ribbons and it was perfect to drape across the top.  And what goes better with a few skeleton keys than a skeleton?  This picture is of my oldest daughter, Nichole who will be 39 in Dec. and my oldest son, Lonnie who will turn 37 on Monday.

IMG_8335

I have had so much fun looking at pictures of my children in their costumes when they were young.

How cute is this?  My Superman and Princess all dressed up for school.  Of course we couldn’t leave the little one out of the pic.

IMG_8339

I don’t know how many of you remember, but you could not buy darling costumes back then.  You either went with the plastic ones with the masks (like the skeleton) or created your own.  I remember sewing costumes or coming up with something like the scarecrow and rocker girl each year.

IMG_8338

Look at that Dracula face on my youngest son, Dalan.  A smile that could kill!

IMG_8337

I think that this is one of the cutest I ever made.

IMG_8340

IMG_8343

A few more that made me smile.  Love Kylees painted face!  Look at the two little ones admiring their older sister, and poor Dalan will never live it down that his mother dressed him as Smurfette.  Yes, Smurfette is a boy. lol!

IMG_8344

What are your kids going to be this Halloween?

Hugs,

Jann

Just hopped over to link up with Elaine from Sunny Simple Life for Sunny Simple Sunday and saw that she featured my Too Cute To Spook post.  A big Thank You!

I will also be partying with:

Alderberry Hill for Make the Scene Monday

Kathe with an e for You're Gonna Love It Tuesday

Melrose Place for Whimsy Wednesday

It's Always Sunny in Tucson for the Sunny and Share Show

Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

19 comments

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Jann, I so enjoyed strolling back through time with you as shared the Halloween costumes you made for your kids. I actually did the same thing a couple of weeks ago when I was looking for photos of my nieces, whose costumes I made after my own kids grew up. What fun! Thanks for sharing.

Salmagundi said...

Love all of your pictures. It is fun looking at old Halloween pictures - I dug my out last year. I, too, was a sewer of Halloween costumes, and have kept most of them. So, consequently, we now have pictures of grandkids wearing the same costumes as my kids wore! Have a good week. Sally

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

This is just the cutest idea! I need to print some of my favorite photos and enjoy them this month! My kids are grown...but if they dress up, I'll let you know! heehee!

Susan Freeman said...

Your kids are adorable! Halloween costumes have certainly come a long way. Love the ones you created.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Pollyanna said...

What an amazing way to display your old Halloween photos, and displaying them provides such a sweet trip down memory lane, love it!!

The Farmers Daughter said...

What memories, huh? I remember making those Halloween costumes. I hated the plastic ones! Sure like the Raggedy Ann!

Shirley Hatfield said...

I think we are a lot alike! I was going to post pictures of my kids on past Halloweens. I hope you don't mind me glomming onto your great idea! LOL! I'll give you some of my petrified candy corns! =D

Rose L said...

My kid is 27 and not interested in costumes for awhile now. I remember when he was young making costumes for him: a skunk, a firefly, a cowboy, ET...he was so cute.

Elena said...

I loved seeing all your kids and their costumes. They were all so cute. Yes, I remember my mom making our costumes and I make Mary's too. A couple of years I bought part of her costume. This year I am making her a clown outfit. She is so excited!

Cheryl said...

What a super cute idea pulling out all the old halloween photos. I must do this too!!! okokok, maybe next year lol
big hugs,
Cheryl

Maureen Wyatt said...

This post so reminds me of making costumes from nothing! I didn't sew back then and it was a struggle to turn a kid into Princess Leah. They always thought their costumes were wonderful though and had a great time! ~ Maureen

priscilla said...

Awwww.. love the old Halloween photos of your kids ..So sweet , the key garland looks great !

Nann said...

Oh my goshJann I just love it. And the photos just touched my heart. And I LOVE your new profile picture on the sidebar. You are one classy lady, girlfriend!!! See you tomorrow night! N.

Pearl said...

As a child of the 60s, whose mother was completely uninterested in Halloween, I was a hobo or a witch almost every year...

:-)

Pearl

Victoria Lavender said...

So cute! I'm remembering the old Halloween days too. My hometown did a costume parade and painted storefront window contest. Later it was Halloween poster in the window...I won a few times. Thanks too for the nice comments you've me me recently.
Smiles

GardenOfDaisies said...

I love these pictures of your children when they were young! So cute in their costumes. It's always so much fun being a mommy at halloween. At least I always thought so.

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh, Jann....You must be missin your sweet daughter with her far away in Spain. I'm glad she has a wonderful husband by her side.
What precious little cherub faces you have displayed on your memory board.
I wish you a wonderful week, my darling friend,
Blessings,
Carolynn xo
My youngest son, Tim, is in Italy for three months. He's anxious to return in time for the birth of his first child.

Fun and Festive said...

I can so relate to this post as my kids are all grown and now I blog to keep me busy and creative. The easiest costume I made for my young kids (over 23 years ago) was a footed pajama, bunny ears and a cotton ball for the tail.I would love for you to visit my blog and be my friend. I will sign up on yours also. www.mydomesticdomain.com

Unknown said...

Excellent idea! I loved stopping by:) Thanks for linking up To Whimsy Wednesday!
Kelly,
Smart! School {House}
www.smartschoolhouse.com

Instagram