White Delight!

For those of you that know me as a color lovin girl the title of this post may surprise you.
 
My latest white finds prompted me to share that white really does bring me delight!
 
DSC03470
 
I have so much white love going on that it’s hard to know where to begin. . .lol!
 
Let’s start with this beauty.
 
DSC03471
 
White linen, it doesn’t get much lovelier than that! And you won’t believe what I paid for them, I got two.  $3.74 plus tax.  Couldn’t begin to buy the fabric for that little lone the time to sew one. Found it at my favorite discount store, Nps (what we call, Train Wreck).
 
DSC03472
 
I washed, dried, and ironed it up pretty just for you!
 
She’s as lovely in the back as she is the front.  (Can’t say the same for this ole gal).  Let’s just say some things poke out a bit more than they use to.  BUTT, I’m not saying what. Hee-hee!
 
DSC03473
 
I bet you were wondering when I was going to get to this. . .
 
DSC03474
 
Last week two of my sisters and I went down to help our older sister pack.  She’s moving up here to be closer to family.  Yahoo!
She gave me this darlin of a cabinet.
Notice that the doors are made from old Atlas powder boxes?
 
DSC03475
 
Perfect amount of rustic charm. . .at least for my taste.
 
DSC03492
 
While I was outside I decided to have a spot of tea.  I’ll save that for a separate post so it won’t be so long.  I was surprised at how many white dishes I did have.  Most of them are on my farmhouse basement kitchen open shelves. (whew!  that's a mouthful) You can see that here.
 
But before I go I’ll show you two more recent finds.  This lovely lace topper.  $2 at a thrift shop.  It’s really quite long.  I actually have it folded in half. 
 
DSC03483
 
And this sweet bolster on sale at Target.
 
DSC03485
 
Too large for this chair, but it’s perfect on the bench at the bottom of our bed!
 
DSC03487
 
There you have it, my new white finds.  Some old, some new. . .just the way I like it!
 
hugs,

32 comments

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Your white looks great. Love the chest, what a beauty! You have some great treasures there.
Hope your having some great weather, we are still HOT here.
Have a wonderful weekend, Jann.
Mary

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Your white looks great. Love the chest, what a beauty! You have some great treasures there.
Hope your having some great weather, we are still HOT here.
Have a wonderful weekend, Jann.
Mary

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Your white looks great. Love the chest, what a beauty! You have some great treasures there.
Hope your having some great weather, we are still HOT here.
Have a wonderful weekend, Jann.
Mary

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Oh, I love your chest Jann...and all your other pretty white treasures! Hugs, Penny

Stacey said...

The chair is darling, Jann! Love those Atlas Powder doors too. My husband is in the explosives business and we have all kinds of paraphernalia here at our house. :)

Revi said...

My, my, my...just when I wonder if my love affair with white is waning, I see your lovely things and my heart gets all mushy. I still love tons of white! Your pieces are wonderful - of course that cabinet is AWESOME and I love the doors. Happy, happy. Congrats on these new finds!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful vignetter Jann! I especially love that old cabinet!

Cindy DIY beautify said...

Some great new finds! Love the ruffled chair linens! I'm a big fan of white myself ☺

Susie said...

Jann, I love all your white things. So pretty. That little cabinet is adorable.xoxo,Susie

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I love me some color, too, Jann, but your cupboard and chair are just darling set out on your stone patio! How lucky you are to be gifted that fabulous piece of furniture!! My old green cupboard in our guest bedroom is made from DuPont dynamite crates. Maybe they're distant relatives! :)

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love the little cupboard made from Atlas powder doors. So cute. I love whit too! Isn't it wonderful when you find great finds for great prices?

Gina said...

Beautiful white finds, Jann! I love white and I love lots of color...sometimes I feel like I'm undecided! :)

Liz said...

Oh those chair covers would fit perfect on a couple of old chairs I just bought! What a great find! I am a color girl, but you make the all white theme so classy!

Anonymous said...

my goodness what a nice gift -- that is a cool dresser/ cabinet and how you dressed it up -- all perfect!

Hugs

sweetvintageofmine said...

LOVE that SWEET cabinet~~~LOVE the white! It's the most beautiful color to me (even though they say it isn't a color) Blessings~~~Roxie

living from glory to glory said...

Hello Jann, I loved that cabinet, and of course all the white is so clean and fresh looking! Have yourself a white elephant party!
Those have always made us laugh so hard. Have a great weekend!
Love, Roxy

Junkchiccottage said...

Ohhhhh Jan love the cabinet with the doors made out of old atlas boxes. Sooooo great. I love the whites.
Kris

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the white chair cover!! Love the cabinet too! I'm wanting more white in my decor...going to paint some pieces white, but it will have to wait until after my big Christmas show.
hugs,
Cindy

Lulu said...

I don't have a white thing in my house, but I love looking at how people use it. The cabinet you inherited is great.

Art and Sand said...

Love all of your white.

After painting 3 rooms white, I am realizing that I love white also.

How fun that your sister is moving closer. After 4 years of working in London, my sister's project is winding down and she says she'll be home by Thanksgiving. Since our parents are gone, I miss having a family member close by.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So pretty, Jann! I love white, too...and if you want to introduce a color, it's so easy to change it up with a neutral! Love your cabinet, and I especially love the chair cover! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and for your sweet comment!

Cynthia said...

Jann, these are just dreamy, love everything and that cabinet is awesome.

Cindy

My thrift store addiction said...

Jann, I LOVE all of your white pretties! Blessings, Cecilia

decorayadora said...

hi Jane!Your white looks great! Love the cabinet too! I'Yo espero que tu tengas un lindo fin de semana
besos

Tea in the Library said...

Cute and funny! But me no buts - that is one sweet white vignette. The little cabinet? Awesome!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

It's all so pretty and thrifty of you to find such good deals! Fun post!

Micupoftea said...

How lovely! Nice pics :)

Anonymous said...

Great finds! You can't beat a free cabinet especially one that looks so fabulous, and the chair covers!!! Those are beautiful and the deal you got is amazing.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Lovely whites, Jann. The cabinet is really special. I like that it is an off white. That makes the white whites look even more enchanting. Love it all. xxx ~ Nancy

Debra Howard said...

White is always right! Very pretty

Jamie | anderson + grant said...

I love that cabinet! Anything that is unique like that always catches my eye!

The Charm of Home said...

I just adore this little tea set up outside!

Instagram