Small Town Garden Tour

Hello my friends,

First of all; I want to thank all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers about my recent diagnosis.  It truly means the world to me!!
A small neighboring town called Highland hosted a garden tour of four homes during their summer time celebration, Highland Fling.
Highland holds a soft spot in my heart.  It's the town where we lived for 22 years and raised our 5 children.
It's nestled at the base of the beautiful American Fork Canyon.  Our home was just West of the mouth of the canyon.
A few friends and I decided to go.  It was easy to see the four gardens in less than two hours and we enjoyed a yummy dinner together before heading to the gardens.
The first home was fairly new and the gardens were young.  The front yard was very well kept and they added quite a few birdhouses for vertical interest.


This garden bench was located in a corner by the gate leading into the back yard.  It beckoned us to linger a little longer.


There was a small alcove by their front door that they filled with beautiful pots.  Of course my favorite was the rustic trunk she used to elevate a couple


This old window and planter box was hanging to the right
 of the pots.



Now on to house #2.
This home had a very mature garden with multiple waterfalls.  It was mostly greenery.  Lots of pines and bushes.
A view of one of the waterfalls beyond the pines.

It really had a canyon feel with lots of foliage and streams.


Another beautiful waterfall.
And a bench where you can sit and enjoy the sound of the water.

These are two of my friends, Peggy and Ann posing in the gazebo.

The third garden belonged to an older couple.  Yes, even older than me.  :)  A lot of the flowers were through blooming, but you could see that it has continual color spring-fall.
Years ago he built a fun tree house for his kids.  Now it's enjoyed by his grandkids.

The owner said that his beautiful hibiscus had just started blooming the day before.


I loved this cute hoot owl tucked into one of their garden beds.



The last garden had more of a rustic feel.  The vegetable garden area was my favorite.



I loved all of the lashed wooden structures!




The pool wasn't half bad either.  :)



This is the 2nd hometown garden tour I have attended this year.  I love that they offer these for free during their city celebrations.
I wish our own little Alpine would take a hint and start doing
it as well!
Hope you enjoyed the tour.
hugs,
Jann

I will be sharing with:
Garden's Galore

20 comments

Rita C at Panoply said...

Nice tours this morning, and I didn't even have to get out of my bathrobe, Jann! I spied a weeping cedar at the waterfall. ;)

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

What fun! I love that one with the waterfall and streams- what a fantastic look.

Connie said...

One of my all time favorite things to do is peek into other peoples gardens and backyards for ideas. The backyards are almost always more personal and fun loving. I think people loosen up when decorating and planing their backyards and they have more fun with it. . . I like that :) Thanks for sharing.
Connie :)

Gingham Gardens said...

I love going on garden tours with friends when the opportunity presents itself.

mjmaterazo said...

thanks for sharing this jann. i love garden tours and it always gives me great ideas. loved seeing all these pictures. xo- maryjo

Bonnie said...

I love garden tours and always learn so much. I could scroll up and down again. Thanks for sharing this.

happyone said...

All such beautiful gardens. I really enjoy going on garden tours as well.

The French Hutch said...

I love garden tours and this one has so much to appreciate. First love when water is introduced into the garden and I loved the pool. Thanks for the tour, I'll have to scroll through again. Happy week......

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Just lovely! What a fun girl time thing to do. Now I have learned my lesson! I did not read your post for SYC because I didn't have anything to link up and I missed your news!! Oh, I feel awful about it but it sounds like it was caught early. Please keep us informed! Praying all the treatments go well.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great garden!!! Love a great garden tour!

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, is there anything more fun than being allowed beyond the gates to visit private gardens! What an enjoyable tour, I am going to scroll through again!. I really love the older couple's outdoor spaces. Thanks for sharing at Gardens Galore and Happy Gardening!

Junkchiccottage said...

Love the garden tour Jann. Just so much pretty to look at. Happy New Week.
Hugs,
Kris

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

You know that i love garden tours. this one was wonderful and all the gardens looked terrific.

I didn't get to go on any this year as something was always on the same days.

Take care of yourself Jann - Prayers being sent your way.

Hugs,
Mary

R's Rue said...

Great pictures.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love seeing home gardens. Thanks for taking us with you!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh my, Jann, what beauty! I love garden tours for getting ideas.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a wonderful post filled with so much eye candy!! Thanks for sharing!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Hugs,
Debbie

Jackie said...

It's so fun to see what other people do with their gardens. The local nursery in our town hosts a garden tour each year, we even got to be on it one year.

Stacey said...

Ooooh, this is so pretty! This time of year it is typically so hot here that gardens are beginning to fade. This year we've gotten lucky with rain and cooler temps.

Jeanie said...

This is so pretty! All of them -- but the turquoise has my heart!

Instagram