A May Garden Stroll and link party

 
Hello my friends, and welcome to our 2nd Garden Party.
 


I am always amazed at the transformation of my garden from one month to the next.
 
Would you like to take a stroll?
 
Although, June is my favorite month for my garden, May holds a close 2nd.  But then, I love April because of all the trailing ground covers.  :)  Really, one can not choose!
 
When I am in my garden, or any garden; I'm in a bit of heaven!
So, pull up a seat and grab a cuppa.  Lots of photos today. 
 
Early May the bleeding heart pulls on my heart strings.  Love, love it ever so much!
 
 
Flowering trees take my breath away.  I love how the buds of my small Tina Crabapple are pink but open to white blossoms.



 
You know how much I love color, but there is just something so lovely about white in the garden.  It grounds it I think!
 
Bridal Wreath Bush
 
 

Anemones


Snowball Bush

 
Poppy
 
 
May is when my Poppies shine.  I still have lots that are just in bud, but all but my Salmon ones have a few open.
 
My red ones opened yesterday, just in time for Memorial Day weekend. 
 
 
 I love how the sun is bouncing off of this orange bloom!

 
I have four colors of Peonies.  Lots of buds, but only my peach one is blooming.  It 's just a couple years old and only has two buds.
I've contained it in a giant bird cage.
 
 
These pretty blues don't put me in a blue mood at all!
 
Columbine

 
Bachelor Button (Mountain Bluet)

 
I love the forget me not type blooms of this Brunnera.
 
 
I have Sweet Rocket, also heard it called Danes Rocket in various shades of white and purple.
 

 
Jupiter's Beard is the companion plant below the Sweet Rocket.
 
I have lots of Iris.  Can you believe all but one of these were gifted to me?
 







 
The blooms on my Golden Chain tree remind me of those of a Wisteria. 
 
 
Two pretty Clematis's that really are purple, but both look blue in these photos.



I love the creatures that often visit my garden!
 


 
Even the ones that are just whimsical!
My friend, Joyce gifted me with a bag of ceramic birds for Christmas a couple years ago.  I've scattered them throughout our Elm tree.

 
Now, if I haven't tuckered you right out, link up your wonderful garden posts.  Can't wait to see!
 
Next week I will do a feature post from both April and May's Garden party.
 
Be sure and visit the other hosts for wonderful garden posts!
 
hugs,
 
 

22 comments

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You have so much beauty in your garden, Jann! Thanks for hosting and have a happy week.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Jann, your garden is bursting with beautiful color. The whites are gorgeous. With all of that beauty surrounding you, it must be heavenly. I wish the blooms would last forever. You are so right, changes from year to year are always welcome. A pleasure sharing this fun garden party with you. have a lovely Memorial Day weekend.

Kim said...

Your garden is a visual delight, Jann. You have so many beautiful flowers blossoming at the moment. It must smell divine! It must be a joy to stroll through it or indeed sit on a comfy chair in the sunshine with a cup of tea and just drink in all the beauty.

Jacqueline said...

Do we live in the same area? My iris blooms haven't even opened up yet! The peonies did just this week! You have so many gorgeous blossoms! What a fun party.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Big wows! I enjoyed seeing all your flowers in bloom. I'm weeks away from my perennials blooming so this was enjoyable to see. You have some beautiful Iris and the Golden Chain tree is amazing. The clematis are beautiful. Lilacs are blooming around here except mine which are late bloomers. I adore the smell! The ladybug picture couldn't be cuter! Glad to be co-hosting with you for this Garden Party!

NanaDiana said...

What fun and everything is just beautiful. We are just starting to see our lilacs and daffodils bloom here. xo Diana

Betty said...

Your flowers are so pretty. I love the white ones. I told Hubby that I would love to have a white garden bed.

Stacey said...

So beautiful, Jann! I love seeing your poppies especially. We saw so many of them in California last week! They are stunning flowers. We've put seeds out but so far we have nada! Fingers crossed though. :)

GranthamLynn said...

Thanks for the party. I came over for Share Your Cup and saw the Garden Party. I saw the banner last week but didn't read it.
Dummy me. I didn't realize it was a linky. Thanks! I'll your banner to my sidebar so folks can visit!
Happy Party!
Sherry @My Journey Back

Gingham Gardens said...

So lovely, Jann. And, no, you did not tire me out. In fact, I may take another pass back through before I'm off to visit some other gardens. Thanks for co-hosting.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Jann,
How I love your gardens and colorful blooms they sing Spring! Such a gorgeous assortment of flowers species too. They are a true reflection of your warm and happy spirit.
I SO enjoyed meeting up with you while we were traveling through Utah. Next time I am going to take you up on joining in on the crafting group and also getting a photo!
So enjoying this gardening party with you!
Jemma

Sarah said...

Jann, I would so love to stroll your garden. I think you have an amazing green thumb! Like you, I'm in heaven when in a pretty garden. Each is so different, and often constantly changing. Thanks for hosting!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Such a lovely stroll with so many pretties to see. I will have to wait a few weeks to post my garden till it is in full bloom.

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

Wow, Jann, you sure have a lot more blooming than I do yet, how lovely to 'stroll' around your garden with you! Happy Holiday Weekend!

Jeanie said...

Totally glorious, Jann. In every way. Iris are a favorite -- they remind me of my aunt Iris. It's really a little bit of heaven!

Thanks for hosting!

Mary said...

What gorgeous blooms and such a wonderful variety! I ADORE how you repurposed your birdcage in the garden with the beautiful peony! Thanks for hosting!

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi Jann!Your garden is fabulous,just breathtaking!Thanks for hosting!Hugs!

Thelma said...

Jann, your garden is spetulcular. I love your Irises. We are a month behind here. Not much to show yet.

csuhpat1 said...

So very beautiful. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Your blossoms are gorgeous! I loved seeing spring again in your garden. The poppies are amazing as are your irises. We are going into summer where all the spring flowers are now having to give way to summer blooms. Have a nice week. ♥

Pam Richardson said...

Jann, I am so sorry I thought I had commented. Your garden blooms are amazing. The columbine, irises, and the peony are stunning. My snowball peaked in early April. Thanks for hosting!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Jann,
Your garden is so lovely with so many beautiful flowers!! Thanks so much for sharing and for hosting this charming Garden Party!!
Hugs,
Deb

Instagram